Caddie Certification Program
Please Note:Only players playing 9 hole SCJT events will be able to use a Caddie. Players playing in 18-36 hole SCJT events will not be able to use a Caddie going forward.
Caddies must have the official bib and ID in order to caddie at any event. There is a processing and shipping time of 5-10 business days. Please complete your certification well in advance of the event(s) you wish to caddie for.
Sun Country Junior Tour members have the opportunity to use a caddie during Junior Tour events and championships. Caddies must pass a certification quiz and pay an annual certification fee of $60. Only Sun Country certified caddies are allowed to be “on the bag”.
All Caddies must follow the Code of Conduct set forth in the SCJT Junior Golf Guidelines at all times. Failure to follow the Code of Conduct could temporarily or permanently suspend the violator from caddying for any junior player.
A few important notes for our caddies:
- Players playing in 9 hole SCJT events will be the only players able to use a Caddie. Players playing in 18-36 hole SCJT events will no longer be able to use a Caddie.
- Caddies must be 18 or older.
- Caddies must register to be an official caddie for the 2018 season prior to acting as a caddie in any event. This includes payment of the membership fee, passing the Caddie Quiz with a 90% or better and sending in a head shot image for their ID badge. Those that do not register will not be allowed to caddie for any player until registration is complete.
- Once we have received your payment, your passed test and your head shot image, there is a processing and shipping time of 5-10 business days. Packets are sent via First Class mail. We cannot accommodate rush order requests. Caddies MUST have their official bib and ID in order to caddie, even if they have paid and passed the test, so please complete your certification well in advance of the event(s) you wish to caddie for.
- Returning caddies must pay the fee for 2018, pass the Caddie Quiz again as a refresher before caddying, and be issued a new ID valid for 2018. If you would like to reuse the photo from last year, please indicate that in an email to email@example.com after you register and we will check our archives for your photo.
- Caddies are to assist their player during the course of the round. This is not a time for extensive coaching and training. Similar to caddies at the highest level, they assist the player with yardages and club selection and then let the player do the rest. Extensive coaching may result in a caddie not being allowed to caddie in future.
- All caddies must check in at registration at each tournament and present their caddie badge. Caddies must wear the official caddie bib when caddying at any Sun Country Junior Tour event.
- Registration is good for the summer season of the calendar year in which the caddie registers. Caddies must re-register each year.
- Any caddie requesting to be able to ride a cart while caddying for a player must submit a letter to the Sun Country PGA Board of Directors describing their situation. Along with the letter, the caddie must provide a state-issued handicap placard for their situation to be considered for riding privileges. Once the Board has reviewed the request they will take a vote to approve or disapprove.
To become certified, simply follow the steps below:
Follow the link below to sign up. Please use the caddie’s information to sign up. Do not use the player’s account or information.
Complete the registration and and pay the $60 fee.
You will be emailed a link to complete the Caddie Certification Quiz. You must score at least 90% to pass the test, which consists of questions on the Rules of Golf, etiquette, and Junior Tour policies. Refer to the links below for help.
Submit a head shot image in jpg or png format to the email address provided in your confirmation email.
Once you have paid the fee, passed the test, and submitted a head shot image, you will be mailed a caddie bib and badge to the address you provided at registration. Please allow 5-10 business days processing and shipping time.
Rules & Etiquette
Sun Country Junior Tour Caddie Reference Guide
The handbook for all Sun Country Caddies. This will give you an overview of the rules and terms you’ll need to know as well as tips on caddying. Please click here and read this before you register as a caddie
The first section in the Rules of Golf, the Etiquette Section, is frequently passed over while searching for the definitions and the Rules of Play. The section is first because it is the most important section in the Rule Book. Etiquette lays the foundation for the Rules including the “Spirit of the Game.” Click here to access a guide to Etiquette.
The Rules of Golf
Click here to access the complete Rules of Golf at USGA.org.
The Rules of Golf Explained
Click here to watch a series of videos on the rules of golf, including playing the course as you find it, abnormal ground conditions, ball lost or out of bounds, ball unplayable, the flagstick, loose impediments, immovable obstructions, movable obstructions, nearest point of relief, provisional ball, and water hazards